After a bunch of l10n build problems, we’ve finally released Instantbird 1.4, which includes updates to libpurple 2.10.7 and Mozilla 20. In particular this includes:
- Updated Twitter code that uses v1.1 of their API (v1.0 will be disabled on June 11th, 2013).
- Better character counter for Twitter (it now takes into account if URLs are embedded).
- Updated log viewer which organizes logs by date (and nests them by week, month, etc.)
- Better support for IRC bouncers.
- Support for overriding self-signed/invalid/out-of-date certificates for IRC.
If you’ve been using some other instant messaging client (e.g. Pidgin or Adium); I’d highly suggest giving Instantbird a try, especially if you also go on IRC. Instantbird has great IRC support! (And…if you do have issues, feel free to ping me in #instantbird on irc.mozilla.org and let me know what your issue is.)